Food prices are set to rise as the protection policies that supermarkets currently have to shield them from the fallout of sterling’s collapse are close to expiring, retail chiefs warn.
The head of one of Britain’s largest supermarkets said that as the currency protection or hedges that grocers have in place will expire over the next months, shoppers will end up paying more at the tills as the pound’s slump has slashed their purchasing power.
- Best Options for Investing a Small Sum of Money
- How to Get Your NI Number and Why You Need One
- Top Tips for Starting Your Christmas Shopping Early
- How to Be a More Effective Remote Worker
- How to Get Careers Advice as an Adult
- How to Sell Your Accounting Practice
- Spotting and Dodging Fake Reviews
- Saving and Investing like the Rich and Famous